How to create an About Me under the profile name?

Allon Prooit Posted in Performance and Scalability 1 year ago

I would like to have an about me space beneath the Profile Name and Picture on the Profile page for all users. Something like Twitter, Facebook, or Hive, etc. Most social networks have a brief allowance there. I would like to have a general About Me that is text field and allows an unlimited text field there. Can someone whip this up? Surely you can! This is so important for any social network. Would be superbly nice if the text field were to be a TinyMce space where people can code some and change the page colors like MySpace. Would be very nice!

Replies
us Allon Prooit Replied 1 year ago

Also, with regard to a hook, I found this code in components/OssnProfile/plugins/default/profile/pages/profile.php. Does this help?
The code snippet...
Profile Bottom

us Allon Prooit Replied 1 year ago

Ok, good thought thus far. Still wanting it to be under the profile picture and name though. Surely there's an easy way to anchor under there. Also, I'm already using BIo. I changed it to INFO. It's a separate profile page of course, but if you could make it output under the pic and name that would rock! It would be just like Myspace.

What I want...
What I want.

What I have...
What I have.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 1 year ago

As for the about me:
My idea would be to tweak the aboutuser component to display that stuff on top of the right column of the profile page like
enter image description here

So far for wide displays ... mobile would need some extra script to insert a node because the themes I know don't have an anchor for that.

Unlimited text in a fixed position?!? .... Hmm ... why not using the Bio component ?