How do impressions work?

Isham Crozier Posted in Beginning Developers 1 year ago

If I wanted to record the number of times that one user binged from the items on the profile of another user, could I do it?

Replies
in Miah Miah Replied 1 year ago

It would depend on the specific platform or application you are using, as well as any applicable privacy laws or terms of service. In general, it may be possible to track or record the number of times one user binged items from the profile of another user if the platform or application allows for such tracking and if both users have agreed to the terms of service and any applicable privacy policies. However, it is important to consider ethical considerations and potential privacy concerns before implementing such a tracking feature. It may be helpful to consult with a legal or ethical expert to ensure that you are following best practices and any applicable laws or regulations.

us Isham Crozier Replied 1 year ago

So what I would want to do to collect the interaction data is to collect onto a users profile their impressions on another user?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 1 year ago

The basic concept is already implemented with Profile Views
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/2813/profile-views

And of course you can enhance the code to collect clicks on more specific targets like images, posts, etc.