Profile View Count Component

Allon Prooit Posted in Component Development 1 year ago

Hello, needing a component that will show the profile view count. Like MySpace had it. Maybe just a place under the profile name? Should be easy enough but may require a new MySql line somewhere in there. The OSSN_DATA file may need some small addition perhaps? Not sure. Maybe you can help? Please let me know!

Replies
us Allon Prooit Replied 1 year ago

Ok y'all, there's a new component based off of this idea now. Powered by Michael of course. Find it at https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/6509/profile-view-count and plug that in! Be sure to add that code to your profile page output and there you go.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 1 year ago

To those who are concerned, please stop spamming around with fake accounts we know who is behind using VPN :)

@George ... Michael, i.e. Z Man is right! Firstly, the Custom Profile Bio is his work, not mine. He asked that I publish it secondarily to the original Bio component. Secondly, you would need a component that is an extension of the OSSNprofile component to get the proper view count. It would have to integrate with that component overall. Still hoping someone can take the time to develop one. It would be a nice return to the MySpace days of the internet!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 1 year ago

@George
But what will happen if the member in question has no bio?
Bios are not mandantory - hence members without won't get profile counts I'm afraid?

Ok, let's do it!