Built in smilies in OSSN.

David Athome Posted in General Discussion 10 months ago

Basic smilies to say the least.

Can we add more modern eye catching smilie packs like in software forums?

The current ones are pretty much basic and unappealing.

I guess there must be a technical reason.

Thanks.

Replies
French David Athome Replied 10 months ago

I take back what I said about the icons, I have suddenly seen them in a different light, they are perfect. Thank you very much for them.

No kangaroo though, had some Australians on today.. :)

Thanks for the info Arsalan, I will check it out.

Have a nice evening.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 10 months ago

@David those (on phones) are not emojis but the images.

OSSN uses unicode emojis (codes) and you may see the list here https://emojipedia.org/people/ if you wanted to add something from it you can simply add it into OssnSmiles by editing the unicode list in EmojiiArray components\OssnSmilies\plugins\default\js\smilies\emojii.php

You should also note that some custom emoji fonts on different device may have different appearances because these are just fonts. Some may appear on one device but not the others because not all using same fonts.

To find a Unicode of emoji just copy emoji and paste into https://r12a.github.io/app-conversion/ then at bottom copy the code Hex/UTF-32 for your array.

Yeah I suppose they all are pretty dated, at least to me. There are many smiley packs on the net, some seem better quality than others, if you search on google. I suppose I have gotten used to the high quality images on my mobile. Maybe if the ones on OSSN could be a bit larger. Where did the current ones originate from? They just remind of the past and not modern today sort of thing.

Would it be possible to implement and use modern emoji's like you see on phones today?

Thanks for them anyways.

Have a nice evening.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 10 months ago

David,
please provide an example url of an eye catching smilie in a software forum.