How can I make the top bar static for easier navigation?

Roger Ghostraven Posted in Technical Support 7 years ago

I am using the GoBlack theme. I edited the css/core/default.php file in both GoBlack and GoBlue, changing the .topbar position from relative to static. When I do this the sizing seeds to get messed up and the bar doesn't stretch completely across the screen.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

A year ago, Rally's hints were helpful, today they're obvioulsly not. Thus, we can only assume that your site is some way different- - a more recent Ossn, another theme ... no idea...
So please provide more details as explained in
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error

Tatar Steven downer Replied 5 years ago

Hi, I appreciate this thread is over a year old but I have installed the v1.1 component and still experiencing the same problem as described. Changing the default.php file does not seem to correct it and although it is not only a very good component and something I particularly want to use, it simply does not work in its correct form and I have to disable it.

Has there been any progress on this or an update that I have missed?

Thanks

Catalan Poonam Sehrawat Replied 7 years ago

Thanks a ton Rally......this community rocks......have a good day

us Roger Ghostraven Replied 7 years ago

Rally,
Thank you... thank you... thank you.
I can't say enough about how great the OSSN community is. That is exactly what I wanted.

ph Rally Homelancer Replied 7 years ago

Try this:

.topbar {
    position: fixed;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 999;
}

.ossn-page-container .ossn-inner-page {
    margin-top: 50px;
}
Catalan Poonam Sehrawat Replied 7 years ago

I tried (position: relative;) changing relative to fixed; , though the Top Bar was fixed to the top and the news feed were scrolling underneath it ,but messed up the margins on the right side both on mobile and desktop. It will be great if Arsalan can tel us how to make the top bar fixed to the top. Thanks.

us Roger Ghostraven Replied 7 years ago

I would like the top bar to stay pinned to the top as everything else scrolls underneath it. This way when a user has scrolled down if they want to return to the top they will have the site title there to click on and return to the top. Also, so they will always have the notification icons always in view.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 7 years ago

You mean the sidebar should move with the page? can u explain more?