Ossn.default.css does not reflect changes

Ori Idan Posted in Theme Development 5 years ago

I have edited the theme's:
plugins/default/css/core/default.php
I changed one class and it changed on the website. I have added another change and it did not reflect on the website.
How to refresh ossn.default.css?

Replies
Turkish YILMAZ DURU Replied 5 years ago

> Arsalan Shah Replied 10 hours ago The rule says to clear cache
> if you edit any file. I now assume you :
>
> You edited 1 file and flushed cache? The home page disappear?

no. I didn't make any arrangements. Just because I was wondering about the effect based on a comment on this page, I cleared the cache.

I'm investigating the positive and negative aspects of the script. I'm doing a test yet.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

All I know is that the 9 rules have always been a mystery. Some have stuck to them and it brought them luck. Others who followed regretted it bitterly. Unfortunately, you cannot foresee fate. It's probably best to simply forget about the 9 rules and make regular backups instead.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

The rule says to clear cache if you edit any file. I now assume you :

1. You edited 1 file and flushed cache?
  2. The home page disappear?

If so restore the file and try to see. If it didn't resolve your issue, login into your phpmyadmin , go to site_settings and set value of cache to 0 and see if restoring file solves your issue or not.

Z ~ Man

to see the effect of the problem here. I wondered what happened to Silince.

Why is it one of the 9 rules?
If someone's making such a mistake, there's no going back. I couldn't find the solution and finally had to install the site again.

@Yilmaz
Why did you clear the cache?

cleared cache. My home page has been deleted. . They only have smiles. how can we fix this? Do I need to install again?

German Tomcat Whalter Replied 5 years ago

At the Admin Overview Page , you find a Flush Cache Button at the End of the Page ,
please Scroll the Page down to see it ....

And , have this no effect :

Flush Browser Cache , close Browser and open Browser new !

There are no special "saved CSS settings" when Ossn cache is disabled. When the site is loading all css files (theme and component parts) are glued to one file named ossn.default.css

Again use your browser console (network tab this time) to watch it being loaded. You may look into it from the console, too to find the changes you made. And as I said: there's always a chance that css doesn't work as expected when you're addressing an element some way wrong.

il Ori Idan Replied 5 years ago

How do I flush cache?
I tried deactivating cache and logout and login and it did not help. This is very strange.
Where else are the CSS settings saved?

First of all: While developing DISABLE Ossn cache.
Then a brower refresh should show any change immediately.
But I think you already did it because otherwise you wouldn't notice your other change.

Actually CSS can be tricky sometimes. I'd recommend to use your browser's development console (right click page and choose 'Inspect') in order to try out your changes in place, first. This way you're getting a real-time result or at least an idea what isn't working as expected.