Permanent links not woks for not joined peoples

Hesamaddin Akrami Posted in Technical Support 5 years ago

Hi there
I want to create a permanent link for each post I know it is possible to access it by the address like this:
www.mysite.com/post/view/{guidofpost}
The problem is when I give a link such as www.mysite.com/post/view/18 to a person that is not a member of my site He gets this error:
A system error has occurred. Please try again later. You may email the details of this error to the system administrator at [email protected].

that link works fine for users of my site. I tried to edit some files but there is not a good Documentation.

I appreciate if you help me to make the permanent links public
Hesam

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

Thanks for isolating the issue, Hesamaddin.

I have opened a new report in Arsalan's developer area
(see https://github.com/lianglee/Flexi/issues/9)
Feel free to add more details there.

Actually, there are still some other bugs that need to be fixed with Flexi - so it'll need a little patience, I think.

Edited

verified and confirmed.
Hesamaddin, if your going to develop a theme you should have enabled Ossn error_reporting anyway. And you would find a line like

Error: Call to a member function getFriends() on boolean in /..../themes/Flexi/plugins/default/flexi/friends_widget.php:16  

in your error_log file.

This call fails because Ossn of course can't find any friends of an anonymous user.
As a quick fix you may surround the complete code by a condition like

if(ossn_isLoggedin()) {
}
Dutch Hesamaddin Akrami Replied 5 years ago

Thank you for your answer.

I have installed a clean OSSN and it works fine. then I installed the Flexi theme, and I noticed the error comes up again.

The OSSN works fine when I use the Goblue Theme, but not working with the Flexi.
Could you please help me to solve the problem? because I want to create a new theme from Flexi.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

Standard Ossn without any extra components in fact displays a link like that without problems.
Hence your system error either results from your code editing or a 3rd party component you installed. Try to isolate the issue (see https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error
and/or provide more details