Blank page after fresh install

Markos Keir Posted in General Discussion 4 years ago

Hi All,

I've just done a fresh install of OSSN on to a brand new server.

I have installed all of the prerequisites and run the installation script. After the installation is complete, I am redirected to <domain>\administrator and I get a blank screen.

The error logs did show an error about copying htaccess.dist to .htaccess, during installation, but nothing else is logged when I try and access my ossn site. I've been looking at this for 2 days now and am at a complete loss as to what could be wrong. Any ideas?

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

Did you run the following command after that

/usr/share/ossn/setup

You should be able to run via root user simply copy paste it cli and run. (please make sure it is root user)

au Markos Keir Replied 4 years ago

Arsalan, I want to thank you for your help with this. But it's just not working for me and with this in mind, I'm going to try another platform. This is what I get when I try and run it form the cli following the instructions you sent:

enter image description here

This was on a brand new instance using Amazon Lightsail, Ubuntu 18.04, 2Gb RAM instance. If you want more detail I'm happy to provide it.

Just tested on fresh vps with the cli installation (18.04)

Once the process completed you should see something:

I am not sure what VPS configuration is, script should run without any problem. The last thing you can do is to install OSSN on digital ocean by one click installation https://marketplace.digitalocean.com/apps/open-source-social-network and you can see configurations in the vps once installed.

I've tried installing via cli and at the end it says to run /user/share/ossn/setup. When I try to execute setup I get the following output:

./setup: %r\d·?</bin/bash

Am I missing something?

Also, I can't share the vps details as it requires a certificate to login and I'm not willing to share that on the internet.

A good solution should be to:

If you are using VPS

1. Wipe out your VPS installation.
  2. Install is via command line i told you.

You may send us the details of VPS to our contact form, we can have a quick look!

I've reinstalled multiple times after fixing the permissions error to an empty folder. I now get the following error:
[27-Mar-2020 14:48:48 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2020-03-27 14:48:48 (UTC): "fileputcontents(/var/ossn_datasystem/locales/ossn.tr.json): failed to open stream: No such file or directory" in file /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.cache.php (line 125)

The installation script is trying to write to the data folder, but it is omitting the / between the data folder and system. Am not trying to install via cli as suggested but not sure how to execute the setup binary.

Yes you need to install again it will work now!

(further make sure your data directory is also owned by www-data and should have 0755 permission set)

Alternatively if your server is just for testing and is ubuntu 18.04.x you may try to install OSSN via cli

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:arsalanshah/opensource-socialnetwork
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install opensource-socialnetwork

formandmotion.com

lk Evindu Shavinda Replied 4 years ago

What is your site URL ?