Photo Album Issues or limitations

Fikri Sami Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

Hi everybody
I created a photo album and tried to upload collected screen shots of my past facebook posts.
Looks like it takes only 20 photos to upload at a time. Is there a limit set somewhere?
I was trying to upload 120 photos. The album could contain that much but I just could not upload more than 20 images each time it seems.
Also, I could not find a way to select some photos in the album to delete.

NOTE
The topic has been closed by admin to avoid confusion among others, with the reason that the topic owner have issue with his server configurations. OSSN does allow you to any number of photos in your album if you have set the configurations correct (upload size, maximum files allowed same time, memory size etc. In case you have same issue please follow https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error CASE B

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

As there is nothing in the phpinfo URL, i am going to close this case. Sorry without that we have don't know what is going in the configurations.

ch Fikri Sami Replied 4 years ago

URL FOR WEBSTIE REMOVED AS PRIVACY FOR THE OWNER (ITS NOT PHPINFO URL) $arsalanshah

Not using CDN
as for PHPinfo there is nothing in it.
Unfortunately I cannot provide you the url for it. You won't be able to access it.

This is the content of phpinfo
<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

?>
Regards

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

I am closing this topic after the owner review our reply, as we have no much information from your side like website URL in order for us to look. There are several reasons for this. Please respond with

1. Website URL
  2. Are you using any CDN like cloudflare , Incapsula etc?
  3. Provide us the direct URL for phpinfo

Please reply in same order.

I see absolute no need to upload 120 photos. I have maybe 8 pictures my whole life. And uploading it 6 times not that big if a deal. Its not like you have to do 10 folders of 120 each.

I just did not want to bother you about my stories.
Yes, I'm sorry but I really need a good photo album facility to which I MUST upload lots of pictures in several albums. I have VERY strong reasons to do that, trust me.

Thank you for mentioning security issues. I'll do my best.

us Roman Lohov Replied 4 years ago

https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_file_upload.asp

If you are going to use this method, HIDE it, or protect it. As any idiot can upload garbage to your site. Be careful.

I see absolute no need to upload 120 photos. I have maybe 8 pictures my whole life. And uploading it 6 times not that big if a deal. Its not like you have to do 10 folders of 120 each. Anyway. Component has been made for large sum. The rest is up to individual taste.

Aha, you are talking about the ossnphoto I am complaining about.
Well, have you every tried to upload, like, 30 photos at once?
You will have only 20 uploaded. You have to repeat the upload again.
In my case I had 120 screen shot photos of my facebook posts.
This means I have to upload 6 times 20 photos into the same album.
But now I see that all this discussion has been more tiring.

I apologize for having missed to share the upload code with you here.
This page crashed on me several times, obviously because I have too many tabs open in google Chrome.
I found the code in this generous site:
https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_file_upload.asp

Very well known.

Now you talk about ossnphoto component? Haven't seen that.
I'll check that out.
Thank you

I just got around "ossnphoto" component. What is all the bashing about? Really nice gallery, nice clean view, slideshow, thumbnails on the side, easy to use, easy to upload, comments. I just don't see "Edit Album" option.

I found a file upload php code I could adapt and use.

It wouldn't hurt to share with others your found. But what do i know?