Unreal in General discussion

Roman Lohov Posted in General Discussion 4 years ago

Why was the topic closed? Unbelievable, this should not be happening this way. Guy asked a question in General Discussion. General meaning "anything". He simply trying to get a feel for the script and how it acts, and what he seeing is how it so pose to be or not. Let the people ask questions, let them have opinions, that's how projects work.

Not hating on people, but, damn that was just cold. He could of been potential client for paid version and part of the community. I know the simple rule is that Moderators actions cannot be discussed, but this is just slap in the face for a guy.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Roman,
the topic was "Friends online not working" - that's the relevant part people might search for while trying to solve their own problems. And they'd get nothing except a lengthy forth and back spiced with some completely off-topic stuff in the end. That's why I made the thread invisible.

This forum has its rules, and "general discussion" doesn't mean you may post anything you want and simply ignore these rules.

Not too long ago it was you who asked: "Can you give me an example code of how you cinnamon embed a video?"
And you got that example and you were able to work on that and offer a nice solution in the end. So what if that guy had said: Sorry Roman, go find out yourself. I doubt you would have continued in a situation like that, right?
Some guys simply DO understand that it makes sense to co-operate, and others just DON'T.

us Roman Lohov Replied 4 years ago

You have to understand how Z-man handled the closing of a topic. I care less about feelings, but damn that hurted me and I'm a scum bag.

Makes sense. I just figured let the guy spill it out in one topic, than create many others.

Than good god why didn't you guys explain closing of a topic proper way?

Tell the guy to make another topic for separate question. Boom, done, no body is complaining. But now guy is probably never come back( and I understand him).

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

Dear Roman,

We don't have such rule that mods have stay out from General Topics. Just to clarify it this community is not like other general purpose communities like stackoverflow etc.

We are here to help to resolve the problems. The person about online friends not showing created topic about it and thus people in replies responded as per his question.

He is free to create another topic about other problems/discussion, other than friends not online as he seems found that its not bug (as you said).

And never mind, no one here knows each other and no one hates each other here. Its upto the person mood to take the topic or replies in any sense.

Cheers!

I personally don't care how I present my self. I tell people how it is. Harsh truth or not. Delete my reply's or topics, I don't care. When people hear harsh reality they understand. What they don't understand is why someone just shut their mouth in general discussion.

What happened this morning was completely uncalled for. And I will stand by that.

I get what you guys are doing. I get it. That's how it sopose to be. But not for this specific topic. In many cases Admins and Moderators staying out of general discussion as a rule. They let people use that section for not important things that people can sort out them self's and not create garbage in the subjects that does involve Moderation and Development. It doesn't make sense to impose a rule like that in this subject.

Guy clearly just figured out that there is no bug, just by discussing it in here.

You might as well delete "General Discussion" - cause it has been stripped of rights it should have.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

Dear Roman, i am sorry that you feel that way. But i have seen that topic , I personally requested him to provide a details besides Z-man,

We provided him link to follow https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error he have not provided any details like that.

When the topic is closed it doesn't mean slap on the face of topic owner i am sorry to all who feel that way.
When someone creates topic we would like to help him and wanted to resolve his issue as soon as possible.

General Discussion can be anything like bug discussion etc. But when someone creates a topic he should stick to that topic.

Ok to conclude the person have no provided the details we requested.

The reason guy posted it in Discussion, was probably wasn't sure if there is a bug or not. He wanted to discuss it with people first. He was proving wrong, he had another issue, it was explained that that's how it sopose to be. Let him have questions, hundreds of them. This topic stands for exactly that.

What details tho? Your explanation doesn't make any sense for a "General discussion". It will work for any other topic, and I will get it. It will fit. General discussion should not have this rule applied to it.

I hope you hearing me correctly. General discussion - is a subject of discussing general purpose and should be treated as such.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Looks like I have to repeat myself:

there is a very simple sequence here:
1. Someone comes in with a problem
2. We either make a proposal for a solution, or we request details that help us understand the problem.
3. And if that someone is unwilling to provide these details, the case is closed. Finished.

And yes, I have marked this thread as 'hidden' now, because nobody needs a useless result like that when searching for 'friends online' in the forum search.