How can one access the HTML source code of websites created with Ossn please?

Joseph Gatt Posted in Beginning Developers 4 years ago

As Ossn is open source, I thought that it would be easy to read the HTML code. However, I have not figured out how to actually access the HTML yet. (I am a newbie, by the way.) Can anyone help me out please?

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 4 years ago

You're not going to be able to just "upload [html] back in". OSSN is written in PHP, not HTML. PHP just outputs HTML so a web browser can understand it. You're going to have to learn more about how PHP and HTML work together in web apps and then edit the PHP files by searching all files for a certain string with something like Notepad++, though it's really not recommended to edit OSSN core files for those who are beginners with PHP and/or HTML. The other option is to write a component, which is a much cleaner solution, but that must be done in PHP.

us Michael Atencio Replied 4 years ago

Having read this, I can view the HTML code but how do we upload it back in? I can make the changes when I inspect but those are temporary. Where do I upload changed HTML pages? I know I can put .php on the end and they become a PHP page but, finding the right folder to replace the new page has been elusive.
Thanks,
Mike

Thank you. It works great.

@Bansh33
How do I add a menu link to the links on the page? I have Fakebook and can't find the links anywhere. What page would I open to add a link to a shopping cart I install in my domain but not part of my OSSN template?

Maltese Joseph Gatt Replied 4 years ago

Thank you for your very informative reply, Bansh33.

us Rishi B Replied 4 years ago

Open the page in your browser and click View Source. OSSN is written in PHP, which is a server-side language. PHP outputs HTML, which is then rendered by your browser for you to view. So if you want to view the html source, you can do so through your browser. If you want to view the actual PHP source, view the .php files with a text editor in the OSSN package download.