I did a fresh installation of ossn version 5.2 with PHP 7.3 on Apache and Linux x64
I passed the initial configuration process (DB settings, new admin user) successfully but after that I see a blank page on the administrator page and on the main page. There is just nothing displayed.
I enabled PHP errors, I put the file DISPLAYERRORS to the home directory, and in the table ossnsitesettings I set displayerrors on. The file error_log is empty (I created it myself with permission -rwxrwx---) and I still see nothing.
Anyone got an idea?
Thank you for your feedback, Immanuel.
I'm a little alarmed by your step 3a, though.
Could you please provide the exact warning/error from your error_log file?
I uploaded the unzipped files via ftp into the webdirectory as described in https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/706/how-to-install-open-source-social-network
Solution (that worked for me):
1) Sort out all file and directory ownerships and permissions: ownership always webserver, permission of directories 755, permission of files 644, don't forget the data-directory outside the webdirectory
2) Delete all previously created database tables
3) Rerun the installer on DOMAIN/installation/
3a) if you get a php error about preg match compilation, simplify the code in the file accordingly (sorry about that)
4) if you cannot continue, open DOMAIN/installation/?action=finish
5) open DOMAIN/administration/