Group posts are not reflecting in News Feed

Balamurali Govindan Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

When we post messages in groups it is visible in the groups home page, but this is not getting to the News Feed of all the members of the groups. Is this a bug or is it designed like this. Please excuse my ignorance if I am asking anything irrelevant. Thank You.

Replies
in Balamurali Govindan Replied 3 years ago

Sure. Thanks Arsalan. Great and Nice of you. We will test this well.

us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

@Arsalan Shah ... Acknowledged.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

@Philip as mentioned before it is not easy to do it. Just relax we are working hard to find some solution and it takes time to come up with non breaking solution. 😄😄

The topic OP already knows about the work in progress.

us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

Boys... you're barking up the wrong tree. They don't get it. All you have to do is look back at a few posts of mine related to this and you'll get the message quite clearly.

Thanks Z-Man.

We are trying to give feedback and improve the functionality with ossn so that many users/customers can benefit. The intention for comparison is to innovate and not to criticize. If we don't provide feedback then how will you know what people are looking for to build into this wonderful product ossn. Please take it positively and we all know that OSSN is superior and a great product.

I apologize if my comment frustrated you (I completely understand), however, my intention sincerely was to add more features to ossn.

Thank You.

Regards
Bala Govindan.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Then why did you decide to use Ossn if you prefer a different functionality?
There are numerous other Facebook 'basics' like extensive user tracking and selling their data which Ossn doesn't have on its feature list. I think at some point you simply have to decide which way to go. ;)

Facebook and other social networks platform let you subscribe to a group and see the messages posted to the group in their news feed. This seems to be basic functionality. Please help.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

If - at all (see my posting from 2 weeks ago) - I would like getting a notification ('...new post in Group XYZ...') instead of a mix of posts from different groups on the main wall
Side advantage: notifications are getting updated continously - so it wouldn't even need a refresh of /home

Hungarian Tamás Varga Replied 3 years ago

For me, too, users are looking for the group’s message in the feed.