FFMPEG outdated, new programs ?

MAURICE TAYLOR Posted in Professional Services 2 years ago

I was looking at your hosting plan and notice that it has FFMPEG Tools, but FFMPEG is no longer in development and the last update was back in 2018 will you all be updated FFMPEG to something more up to date?

Replies
Breton Rafael [redcrested.net] Replied 2 years ago

Bringing some light into this discussion. From FFMPEG.org site (https://ffmpeg.org/index.html#news):

January 17th, 2022, FFmpeg 5.0 "Lorentz"
FFmpeg 5.0 "Lorentz", a new major release, is now available! For this long-overdue release, a major effort underwent to remove the old encode/decode APIs and replace them with an N:M-based API, the entire libavresample library was removed, libswscale has a new, easier to use AVframe-based API, the Vulkan code was much improved, many new filters were added, including libplacebo integration, and finally, DoVi support was added, including tonemapping and remuxing. The default AAC encoder settings were also changed to improve quality.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 2 years ago

Maurice,
how can it take 2 days to check your browser history?
I'm still waiting for that link.

us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 2 years ago

@Arsalan, my Hosting provider removes FFMPEG from the available extensions if I change the php version to 8.0x.
Hosting Provider: GoDaddy.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

Can you try to research and send us a link or you may check your browser history for that as I am curious about it as well.

us MAURICE TAYLOR Replied 2 years ago

When I come across it I will, i was doing some searching and it came up and made me ask the question. I will be better about posting links going foward.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 2 years ago

Can you provide a link to that page which has outdated FFMPEG Tools, please?