Users not getting notification emails

MAURICE TAYLOR Posted in General Discussion 2 years ago

When i create a post in a group, users are not getting a notification from the group. Why is that and how do i fix that?

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 2 years ago

I started testing Profile And Group Post Notifier on my component site today, and if it's running flawlessly I will make the final release available with the upcoming Ossn 6.2

And to clarify: The component still won't and never will send emails as expected from the title of this thread - just simple notifications.

us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 2 years ago

@Maurice -- It means that it's not been fully tested and could break things unexpectedly. IE, it's in the Beta phase of development. if you want to see if it works or try that component out, copy everything to a sandbox or beta directory, copy the database... then change to configuration files to reflect the new db name, ossndata directory (you have to make a copy of that, too) and the site address.
Then you can safely install the component without worrying about potentially screwing up your live site.

Arsalan was saying that OSSN doesn't send out notifications for groups unless that component is installed.

What I would do, assuming that I didn't read things wrong, is I would use the component that puts Group and Business Page posts into the Newsfeed. That way they will see the new posts. Additionally, if you have the Mentions component, users in groups can @ mention people and they will get a notification that way.

us MAURICE TAYLOR Replied 2 years ago

It states
"Profile And Group Post Notifier
!! DEVELOPERS ONLY - DO NOT USE IT IN A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT !!"

That means I shouldn't install it on an active site, will this be available for production soon.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

Im very new at this stuff and this stuff is really confusing, please be patient I'm learning this as well as the culture.

There is a lot there in that link, what exactly are you wanting ? Thanks.