Mybb integration for my OSSN platform

Kaka Raka Posted in Technical Support 2 years ago

Hello!

I was wondering if i could somehow implent the OSSN DB to work with mybb forum.
Since the forum component i have on my OSSN haven't really got that much of the stuff i want implented into it like (thank you button,reputation system, Sub-cattegories , No Quote on reply )

Othen then that I love the plugin, but i need these into my forum.

Thank you.

Replies
Catalan Tyler h Replied 2 years ago

I too would also like more info on how to do this. I would like to tie OSSN into my web store being ran by Opencart. It would be really nice for a one user/pass for all sites. I'm just oblivious as to where to get started to make progress on it but since the two are both open source, one should be able to see how to tie it all together.

Polish Rafau Rocher Replied 2 years ago

@Michael Zülsdorff You can implement Ossn API calls like
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/webservices/view/3570/user-authenticate
inside of any other software to connect to your Ossn database.

Thanks for the help.

us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 2 years ago

@Arsalan - Understood. Thank you.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

@Michael -Coder, you need to contact openteknik for that as per their terms the components can not be shared to different users. This community can not respond on their behalf.

Kaka Raka,
Michael makes a very good point. it's always easier to work with a system that you know and add to it, than to try to mesh two completely different systems together.

@Michael - Legally, could Kaka Raka give me the component to work on? Or would that violate the agreement with OpenTeknik?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 2 years ago

Kaka Raka,
I have neither time nor real interest to deal with mybb thoroughly . Just describe in more detail (with screenshots) which mybb features you miss in the forum. And maybe someone will implement it as an Ossn component. That seems to me to be almost easier in terms of effort and more convenient for your users instead of moving in two separate forums.

I wish you the best of luck with that.

Out of the scope of this community? Maybe try MyBB's community? not sure what else to say here...
I mean, I have never heard of MyBB before this post, so I wouldn't even begin to know where to help you.

Have you tried something like freelancer dot com?

se Kaka Raka Replied 2 years ago

Thank you michieal for the reply!
I kinda want wen user registers to ossn then then email/username password gets sent to mybb aswell so they won’t have to create a new account again on the forums

The web services API returns a JSON formatted string. You can curl the API call from within MyBB to get the results of the login attempt. I recently did this with another web app, and the code I found in a tutorial online was remarkably easy.

However, it is beyond the scope of of this community to support MyBB. (Which is what you are effectively asking, in asking for coding help in meshing the two web applications.) However, you could use Menu Builder to make a link to your MyBB web application, and use that to put it into OSSN by changing "Open in NewTab" to No.

Might work as a workaround...

se Kaka Raka Replied 2 years ago

Thank you @michael!
Is there any way you can help me with this?

Since it looks a bit hard for me to be honest with you.