SMTP SERVER OSSN HELP . Where it finds the configuration file

Rave On Posted in Technical Support 7 years ago

English
Hello,
I need your help, I just created a site under OSSN, and I would like to configure the SMTP server but where it finds the config file for SMTP.

Version OSSN v4.3.1

Thank you .

French
Bonjour,
J'ai besoin de votre aide, je viens de créer un site sous OSSN, et j'aimerais configurer le serveur SMTP mais oû ce trouve le fichier de config pour le SMTP .

Version OSSN v4.3.1

Je vous remercie .

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 2 years ago

There's no such folder included in ossn.

us Bryan Carr Replied 2 years ago

Where does the SMTP=Master folder go? Does it go into the same folder as your ossn website?

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

@David, assigning DKIM is not a job for OSSN it is part of email sending software, if your MTA doesn't support it then you need to configure it to sign all emails automatically.

Further you can use https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/SMTP (OSSN 5.6) as mentioned by Zman years ago and now.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

David,
I posted the link to Ossn's SMTP component 4 years ago at the bottom of this page.
And the location (https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/SMTP) is still the same.

us David Anderson Replied 3 years ago

I know this is an old post but I think it still applies. The problem I'm running into that php mail() does not support DKIM and therefore current email spam filters are rejecting mail and sending them to spam box. I have confirmed that all my settings are correct as far as reverse DNS, SPF and DMARC. The only thing tripping gmail is DKIM. Applying a php mail DKIM workaround is tedious and difficult. Seems that SMTP should come as a feature out of the box. This whole project is amazing but this lack of email flexibility is a bit debilitating. I am not opposed to building my own SMTP server, but it seems that there are no decent SMTP components available.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Thanks for the detailed error message.

There's a good chance that one or more of your credentials are wrong, if the connection to the SMTP service can't be established.

Please crosscheck with a mail client like outlook, thunderbird, etc by configuring a similar outgoing mail channel with the same credentials.

gb Open Venture Replied 7 years ago

Thanks @Zet man. I'll file an issue, however, it only says 'SMTP Connection Failed' with no other error info. So what do i write in the report?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

@Open Venture
in case of problems please follow the guidelines in
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error

AND PLEASE be in line with the terms of this community: Open your own thread for your own problems.

pk Malik Umer Farooq Replied 7 years ago

You can add this to premium version after testing to your local machine personal computer for testing It's work fine free of error

gb Open Venture Replied 7 years ago

Is SMTP available on Premium version?