Push Notifications Component

Allon Prooit Posted in Component Development 3 years ago

Can someone please make a component for push notifications for messages, friend requests, and other notifications? Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr all have this feature. Now we need it for OSSN! Will pay good money for this!!! Especially now that we have video calling, we need this now more than ever.

Replies
us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 3 years ago

@Arsalan, Yeah, I misspoke. I meant the github version of the Web Services.

Also, by data, I meant making the appropriate calls for logging the user in, retrieving their name and profile picture for them, accessing specific data through custom endpoints, etc.
Being a video game developer (day job), it was important to me to create a platform like how Facebook Games work for FB, and have an integrate-able gaming api that I could plug into the games I made for OSSN sites.

Hopefully, that helps to clarify where I misspoke, and what I meant with the rest.

-Michieal.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

Sorry Michael, I don't understand why to copy ExtendAPI master inside OssnServices component directory? ExtendAPI is itself a component and doesn't require to be copied somewhere.

You should never try to access data directory via API (we don't have endpoint also) all pictures are accessed through the specific URL like wall post , comments , albums have own URL for specific picture.

us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 3 years ago

@Allon - You didn't need to rename the component, you just copy the internals of the ExtraAPI-Master into the OSSNServices dir in your hosting / web server.
And, using the RESTful API is really easy - but so not protected. One way around that is to make everything into a blob, that gets passed to the API, and modify the API endpoints to decode the blob. I'd also include a timestamp in the encoding, and compare that with the internal timestamp. Or some other technique to make sure that captured datablobs cannot be reused. People like to pop onto SM on any network, and this will save you from having API hacks.
You can test this out using your code to generate the blobs, and then a RESTful API dev program... like Insomnia or the REST EndPoint test area inside of Jetbrains' PHPStorm.

I know, because I have been contracted in the past to make desktop access programs, and webgl programs (think FB Gameroom, but for OSSN) to access ossn user data.

-Michieal.

us Allon Prooit Replied 3 years ago

Ok, so this section provides you with the OssnServices component that you may need. I had to rename my OssnServices component as was included so as to install this... Located HERE. Now to figure out what good it will do. I used Thunkable to create my Android and iOS apps. I then used One Signal and Firebase to allow for Push Notifications. Next up, how to use the OSSN RESTful API to give up the goods! Any thoughts?

in Balamurali Govindan Replied 3 years ago

Video calling? Which component is this? Please let me know.

I noticed that there is an unfinished OssnServices component that provides an API key to the user included in the Premium OSSN 5.6. Could this be further developed to work for Push Notifications?